If there is a concern with your trailer which should be considered for warranty repair the customer must follow these steps below:-
1. Contact your Sales representative at McCauley Trailers Ltd with a description of the problem - contact numbers http://www.mccauleys.co.uk/abo...
2. Complete the McCauley Trailers Ltd Customer Concern Form here http://www.mccauleys.co.uk/aft...
3. You may have to provide evidence of the concern by returning the trailer or the supplier part to our factory for inspection.
4. McCauley’s will make a decision if the customer concern is a manufacture defect, supplier part defect or customer miss-use (not a warranty issue) and will inform the customer of our initial findings.
5. If the fault is found to be a defect supplier part, the warranty on this part will be in accordance of our suppliers warranty and the procedure is detailed in the “Terms and Conditions of Sale” which you would have received at the time off ordering and when the trailer was delivered. The part may need to be returned for inspection to determine the issue. Should the customer require a replacement part while this process is being completed, then it will have to be paid for. Should the part be considered defect then the payment will be returned to the customer.
6. If there is a manufacture problem we will either 1 - fix the trailer at the factory, 2 - send an engineer to fix the trailer or 3 - ask the customer to find a suitable contractor to carry out the repair. The customer/sub-contractor MUST provide a quotation which details itemised material costing, number of labour hours & the cost of labour. McCauley Trailers will give approximate allowed hours for carrying out the work which the quote can be based on.
Under no circumstances will McCauley Trailers Ltd pay for work that has been carried out without an agreement from the office and a valid company purchase order number supplied and stated on the sub-contractors invoice.